SAM Pelvic Sling 2
The SAM Pelvic Sling™ II is the first and only force-controlled circumferential pelvic belt scientifically proven in peer-reviewed studies to safely and effectively reduce and stabilize open-book pelvic ring fractures. The SAM Pelvic Sling II was designed not to over-tighten or under-tighten, unlike other commercial binders which allow unlimited force to be applied to the patient. Researchers at Legacy Health System utilized cadaver studies and clinical trials to determine the optimum range of force required to safely and effectively close an unstable pelvic fracture.
The SAM Pelvic Sling II's patented Autostop buckle is programmed to stop your pull once the correct compression force has been obtained. This is vital in high stress environments where over-tightening by emergency medical personnel under duress could potentially be extreme and harmful.
Trauma surgeons around the world recognize the importance of stabilizing pelvic fractures during the critical first "golden hour" following severe trauma. Because of the potentially devastating hemorrhage associated with such fractures, standard first aid protocol includes applying some type of circumferential binder around the victim's hips.
Assembly and application instructions are printed on each headblock and they are shipped folded in a compact shrink-wrapped package.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Scientifically and clinically proven to provide safe and effective force to stabilize pelvic fractures
- Buckle maintains correct force; cannot be over-tightened
- Standard size fits 98% of population
- "Click" provides clear feedback to confirm correct application
- Pulling gradually and symmetrically increases sling tension and reduces the pelvis
- Low friction posterior slider facilitates transfers
- Front of Sling is narrow and tapered to facilitate urinary catheterization, interventional radiology, external fixation and abdominal surgery
- Fabric does not stretch and cleans for reuse with standard detergents or antimicrobial solutions
- Radiolucent (allowing for X-rays without removal)
- Ease of application: just insert belt through buckle, pull strap, and secure
- VELCRO® brand on strap and sling for quick and easy fastening
- Reusable, not a onetime use device
- Latex free